blog photo

Hanson Family

It started out a typical Sunday on June 8th, 2014. How were we to know that our lives as we knew it would become shattered and forever changed? At approximately 8:30 Sunday evening, I received a frantic phone call from my son, who was on a family vacation in Washington State, that Mimi, his younger sister, my 14-year-old daughter, was not breathing or responding to paramedics who were frantically working on her. Mimi was later pronounced dead, due to an overdose of prescription pain medication. The light and love of our life was gone from us. Our lives have changed; we are forever changed. We love and miss our "Moe”.